Basic Alpine Mountaineering Course
Price from: £699.00
Learn how to move safely through the alpine mountains...
This is a course designed to equip anybody with the skills they will need to navigate effectively in mountain regions. We will learn new techniques and then immediately put them to practice on the mountains which surround us. Some glacier and rock training is also included, as well as Via Ferratas which makes this course unique.
- Stunning scenery
- Stay in mountain hut
- Varied subject matter
- Confidence boosting
- Busy schedule
- Glacier travel
- rope management and knots
- belaying on rock and ice
- crevasse rescue
- rock climbing and abseiling
- orientation, tour planning and weather
- Via Ferrata training and much more
We are based at the Simony hut, right below the Hallstätter glacier. The hut has recently been modernised and is now fully equipped with warm showers on the first floor and Internet access.
Snow and ice training
Tour up to the Dachstein, 2995m
Via Ferrata training
We pack our things and head off to the cable car station again. We will arrive back in Salzburg in the late afternoon. Stay overnight in a bed and breakfast.
After breakfast depart for the airport and fly back to the UK.
- This itinerary is only intended as a guideline. The daily programme depends on the individual groups ability, weather factors and other conditions. Where our activities are affected by adverse weather we will do our best to find you something else to do or we will reschedule your original activity.
Dates and Prices Info
Prices are based on groups of 4-8 people. We would recommend participants to take an early morning flight and arrive in Salzburg no later than 10am on Day One of the itinerary.
|Group size||Price per person|
- Full event planning and client liaison
- Experienced UIAGM mountaineering guide
- 5 nights half board mountain hut accommodation (bunk bed, breakfast, dinner)
- 1 night bed and breakfast accommodation in Salzburg
- Transport to/from Salzburg from airport by car
- First aid and safety equipment
- Big discount on clothing and equipment from Cotswold Outdoors and Montane
- Flights to/from Austria
- Lunches and drinks
- Travel insurance
- Mountaineering equipment (crampons, ice axe, harness, etc.)
- Cable car fees
- Additional hut fee for non-alpine club members (approx. 10 euros per night)
- Personal expenses
If you have any questions about this activity please do not hesitate to ask.
Anyone who is keen to learn how to safely navigate in an alpine location. No previous experience of any of the subject matter is necessary but participants are expected to be confident getting involved in activities straight away and anyone with a fear of heights is advised not to take this course. A reasonable level of fitness is required as we will be making some steep ascents and moving across narrow trails.
+44 (0)17687 75337