Scafell Pike Challenge
Price from: £150.00
Ref No: Activus 037
Ascend England's Highest Peak
At 978m (3210ft) Scafell Pike is the highest mountain in England. On a fine day, there are spectacular panoramic views from every direction taking in all the greatest Lakeland peaks; and the numerous routes up this popular giant give various potential options for an excellent days walking.
- Stand on the highest point in England
- Beautiful views
- Climb volcanic rock boulders
- Avoid the 3 Peaks crowds
From a logistical point of view, this challenge is best undertaken by following the Corridor route which begins at Seathwaite Farm. This route is 6.5km longer than via Wasdale Head and Lingmell Col and although it makes for more demanding walking, scenically it is far superior and avoids many of the 3 Peaks crowds who opt for the shorter route as a general rule.
- Start/Finish Point: Seathwaite Farm
- Distance: 14.5km return
- Total ascent: 906 metres
- Duration: 6-8 hours
- Route: Corridor Route return or descent via Grains Gill
1 night in a guest house in Keswick (bed and breakfast only)
1 night in a youth hostel in Keswick (dinner, bed and breakfast)
Arrive in the Lake District (pick up from Penrith Rail Station optional at extra cost) and spend an evening in Keswick. Stay at a local bed and breakfast.
Get up early the next day and have a hearty breakfast. Meet the guide and then travel by minibus down to Seathwaite Farm in Borrowdale to start the challenge. You will climb Scafell Pike via the longer route, heading up along the corridor route and coming back down via the grains gill.
Dates and Prices Info
Price is based on our standard package for group size 8. However, we can provide specific costings for tailor-made events on receipt of your booking request.
Transfer from/to Penrith Railway Station to/from Keswick accommodation can be arranged at extra cost.
- Full event planning/logistics + client liaison
- Link transport at start and end of walk
- Experienced Mountaineering Instructor
- Use of trekking poles
- 2-way radio communication
- First Aid and emergency equipment
- 1 night's accommodation: Bed and Breakfast or Hostel
- High energy food and drinks during the event
- Big discount on outdoor clothing and equipment
- Photographic highlights of your challenge on CD
- Transport to/from the Lake District
There are no dates currently scheduled for this activity. For latest availability and prices please contact us.
Sam Hinchliffe, Brand Manager, Danone UK
> Read On
If you have any questions about this activity please do not hesitate to ask.
+44 (0)17687 75337