The Alternative 3 Peaks Challenge
Price from: £399.00
Ref No: Activus 036
Have a more inspirational experience by following the most exciting paths up these magnificent peaks
If your interested in climbing some of the UK's highest peaks but hate the thought of the crowds, this alternative challenge might be just what you're after...
- Quieter routes
- More scrambling = More fun
- Breathtaking scenery
- Choose your own routes
Recent challenge example:
- Wales - Tryfan via the North Ridge
- England - Helvellyn via Striding Edge and Swirral Edge
- Scotland - Ben Nevis via Carn Mor Dearg Arete
1 night in a guest house (bed and breakfast only)
1 night in a youth hostel (dinner, bed and breakfast)
Meet the Activus crew at Warrington Bank Quay Railway Station at 4.15pm. Travel down to your hostel accommodation in Welsh Llyn Ogwen Valley. Receive a briefing about the challenge ahead, then get settled, have your evening meal and pack your daysacks ready for an early start the next morning.
Wake up before 6am and have an early continental breakfast before grabbing your gear and food and drink for the first peak and heading off up Tryfan via the North Ridge Scramble. There is no one way up so choose the route up this grade one scramble yourself. The walk should take no more than 4 hours so you'll be on the road again well before midday and should arrive up at Glenridding in the Lake District by 4pm that afternoon. Collect what food and drink you need and then set off up Helvellyn over the breathtaking Striding Edge and Swirral Edge. After 4 hours you'll be back in the car park and climbing into the minibus ready for the final leg of driving. Try and get some sleep during the journey!
Around 1.30am arrive at Glen Nevis and set off up Ben Nevis via the Carn Mor Dearg Arete route. This is a challenging climb with sections which are extremely steep but it is extremely satisfying once you finally reach the summit plateau. Once its over you'll head off to take a nearby shower to get washed and changed and then tuck into a hearty full english before receiving a de-brief and departing for the airport.
Dates and Prices Info
Price is based on our standard package for group size 8; however, we can provide specific costings for tailor-made events on receipt of your booking request.
Discounts available for larger groups.
- Full event planning/logistics + client liaison
- Transport throughout the challenge 'corridor'
- Experienced Mountaineering Instructors - ratio 1:8 staff:client
- Use of head torches and trekking poles
- 2-way radio communication
- First Aid and emergency equipment
- 1 night pre-challenge accommodation: Bed and Breakfast or Hostel
- Shower facilities + hearty breakfast at end of challenge
- High energy food and drinks during the event
- Big discount on outdoor clothing and equipment
- Photographic highlights of your challenge on CD
- Train Fares/Flights to Wales/from Scotland
There are no dates currently scheduled for this activity. For latest availability and prices please contact us.
If you have any questions about this activity please do not hesitate to ask.
The Alternative 3 Peaks Challenge - Gallery Images[Gallery not found]
+44 (0)17687 75337